Wednesday 10 March 2010

Saludos calorosos de Lima

¡Hola amig@s! Here I go, with a second attempt at keeping you posted of my actions somewhere on this lovely planet called earth. My very good intentions for this time are to keep you posted with shorter pieces, which are faster to write and quicker to post. Let's see how this works out...

A bit over two weeks ago, I landed in Lima, Peru. So here I am, in the 'western hemisphere' (oh yes, how eurocentric are we), after a bumpy flight and a hell of a taxi ride to a hostel that was booked but didn't have a spare room. No, I didn't sleep on the street, a hostel nearby helped me out for the first nights - and those first nights ended up being two weeks (and counting). I just decided to stay in Pensión Yolanda, as I felt very welcomed by my host who's always been up front and helpful with me (oh, and let's not forget the occasional pisco sour he's offered).

view from the Miraflores cliffs right in front of my office
(c) Tom Van den Steen

I'll be staying here for quite a while, so do pop over if you feel like visiting Peru. For now, I'll leave you with the wonderful vista I have every time I leave my office here!

4 comments:

Arthur said...

Hi Tom,

Wonderful experience. It seems you enjoy it thoroughly (and the view on the lake!), and pls greet this new part of the world from me!!

Cheers,

Arthur.

Tom said...

lake - what lake? it's the pacific! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom, Cool that you're there. What exactly are you doing? Have fun and all the best from the center of the earth a.k.a. Europe ;)..

Tom said...

saving humanity from disaster! ;)
doing some volunteer work here, hope all goes well. you'll be reading more about it over time..