Saturday 13 August 2011

Five at a time

Here's to starting anew - a new look, a new profile picture, heck, even a new photo album. Why? There have been hundreds of topics crossing my mind, of which I said: this would make for a good blog entry. None of them made it here, as you can see. Enough of thinking about it, time to write some of those random thoughts down and try to make sense out of them.

The past few months have been quite eventful, filled with unexpected surprises and life-changing encounters. All this time, I have been looking for a meaningful job - alas, unsuccessful. Yet all these surprises and encounters have helped me to realise what it is I want to do with my life: to share. To share the little I know, the stories I picked up along the road, the joy of a smile and the passion to change lives for the better.

Asking myself if there would have been as many trees when this temple was actually in use

If that's what I want to do with my life, I might as well start here, right now. Wherever my professional wanderings will take me, writing will be intricately intertwined with whatever I'll be doing. No excuse, then, not to practise a bit more. I hope to manage translating my thoughts into concise blog entries, because, let's face it, no one has time (or the concentration skills?) any more to read a substantial piece of information passing their computer screens.

However, judging from the wanderings of my mind, this could turn problematic. Hence, a self-imposed limit of five paragraphs per entry. If I can't tell it in five, that means I'm on the wrong track, not being able to single out the essence of my thoughts or simply rambling and therefore wasting your time. After all, creativity starts when you cut a zero or two from your budget; it should work here, too.

I won't delimit the scope of this blog as I previously tried to do. It plainly didn't work, as you may have noticed. This should be a free space for whatever I feel like sharing with you, whether it is an inspiring TED talk I saw, a new MacOS trick I just discovered (but that I should have known ages ago) or the sheer randomness of being hit by a Korean old lady while waiting for a bus in the middle of nowhere. With such a gamut of topics, it's impossible to please all, I am aware of that. So, dear reader, if you don't like one entry, suck it up and come back later for the next journey into Tom's mind, five paragraphs at a time!

No comments: